The "Unknown Money"
- If the money is unknown, hurry-up, steal it, but don't let it ever be known!
So from such a specific religious perspective, the act of clandestinely "picking-up" the moneys and properties of those who follow different religions and sects is not considered theft at all. To the contrary, the practitioner of such activities is supposed to gain blessings and unseen rewards. To the "thief," his only financial burden is that if he keeps any of the "picked-up" funds and properties for a year or more, he has to "purify" the remaining sum by paying Khums (Arabic for one fifth. Arabic: خمس) to his Faqihi Marjaa (the top religious leader whom he imitates in the conduct of his daily affairs. Arabic: مرجع).
Hence, one can argue that such an act (the picking up of the belongings of those who belong to different creeds) is by no means immoral but instead a mere expression of one's religion and faith, especially if the "thief" obtains a so-called "private fatwa" (Arabic for religious edict. Arabic: فتوى) from, say, "Ayatollah" Ali Khamenei, to bless the deed (or, from an alternative perspective, misdeed).
The "Unknown Money" is "Clean Money"
The "Unknown Money" is indeed considered "Clean Money" (Arabic: المال النظيف. Transliteration: Al-Maal an-Nazif). For instance, the terror organization Hezbollah, which uses only "Clean Money" to finance its "resistance" and terror operations, accepts "Unknown Money" contributions.
Article publishing history
This first version of this article was released here on 27 May 2009.
- Welcome to the Islamic Counterterrorism Center
- Hezbollah Sleeper Terror Cells Questions and Answers (A must-read)
- Barbarians at the Gate: Velayat-e Faqih Hezbollah Terrorists in Our Midst:
- Hezbollah Sleeper Terror Cells in Canada:
- Hezbollah Sleeper Terror Cells in America:
- The Narcissism of Hezbollah (Highly recommended)
- The Women of Hezbollah (Editor's pick)
- The Kids of Hezbollah
- The Supplication of the Second Secretary General of Hezbollah (A must-read)
- The Worldly Motivations of the Third Secretary General of Hezbollah
- The Mayor of Bint Jbeil (A case study)
- Hassan Nasrallah in Pictures
- Mohamad Ali El Husseini (The Undercover Works of Hezbollah)
- The "Unknown Money"
- Velayat-e Faqih Glossary of Terms (Very informative)