- Ilahi, Ilahi, ihfaz lana Khomeini, hatta zohour el Mahdi!
Abdallah Harb (Arabic: عبدالله حرب) has served twice on the Board of Directors of Shia Association of Bay Area (SABA), the extremist anti-Semitic pro-Hezbollah Khomeinist organization based in San Jose, California. Harb has been highly active at SABA since 1995. He has given numerous speeches there and led congregational prayers as well. He also represented SABA at other organizations and gave Islam-related talks at institutions such as the Commonwealth Club of California.
Abdallah Harb resides along with his Lebanese wife and three daughters in Cupertino, California.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abdallah Harb the Hezbollah Royalty!
- 3 Abdallah Harb the Umayyad Royalty!
- 4 Abdallah Harb the descendant of a slave
- 5 Other distinguished relatives of the Harbs
- 6 Abdallah Harb and Rafic M. Labboun
- 7 Abdallah Harb and Shia Association of Bay Area
- 8 References and notes
- 9 Article publishing history
- 10 Also see
- 11 External links
- 12 External links to Arabic websites
- 13 Got questions?
Abdallah Harb is a Lebanese national. He was born and raised in the Hay el Sellum (Arabic: حي السلّم) neighborhood of Dahieh, the 'Hezbollah' slums located to the south of Beirut, Lebanon. Hay el Sellum is the poorest and most crowded district in Dahieh. Later on, the Harbs moved to yet another Dahieh neighborhood, Bir el Abd (Arabic: بئر العبد), where the imam of the local mosque was none other than Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah. Indeed, it was Sayyed Fadlallah who had imbibed the Shiites of Dahieh and beyond with radicalism and Khomeinism from his pulpit at al-Imam al-Ridha mosque in Bir al-Abd.
The ancestral hometown of Abdallah Harb is Jibchit (Arabic: جبشيت; also transliterated as Jibsheet and Jebchit), the infamous Hezbollah haven in South Lebanon.
Abdallah Harb the Hezbollah Royalty!
- "A position is a weapon and shaking hands is recognition." --Sheikh Ragheb Harb
Jibchit is the hometown of Sheikh Abdul Karim Obeid (Arabic: الشيخ عبد الكريم عبيد) and the late Sheikh Ragheb Harb (Arabic: الشيخ راغب حرب). Both men are militant Khomeinist clerics and original co-founders of Hezbollah. Sheikh Harb was killed by Israeli forces on February 16, 1984. He is celebrated by Hezbollah as the "Sheikh of the Martyrs" (Arabic: شيخ الشهداء). Obeid was captured by Israeli commandos on July 28, 1989, and remained in captivity in Israel until January 2004. Obeid is lauded by Hezbollah as the "Sheikh of Prisoners and Detainees" (Arabic: شيخ الأسرى والمعتقلين).
Indeed, these two particular Khomeinist clergymen were instrumental to the propagation of Hezbollah among the Shia villagers of South Lebanon and far beyond. They are considered heroes by anti-America Islamists throughout the world. In the United States, they are looked upon as role models by Khomeinist organizations such as Fatimiyya Islamic Center of Hayward, CA, Masjid al-Islam of Washington, DC, and Shia Association of Bay Area.
Abdallah Harb is a direct relative of Sheikh Ragheb Harb and an associate of Sheikh Abdul Karim Obeid, the Imam of Jibchit. Hence, "Hajj" Abdallah is a very proud Hezbollah "Royalty."
Jibchit is also home to suicide bombers Bilal Fahs (Arabic: بلال فحص) and Hisham Fahs (Arabic: هشام فحص). Bilal is the "first martyrdom bomber to explode himself among Israeli occupation forces in Lebanon." He is celebrated as the "Bridegroom of the South [of Lebanon]" (Arabic: "عريس الجنوب"). Hisham, a cousin of Bilal, is celebrated as the "Prince of the Sea" (Arabic: "أمير البحر").
Bilal Fahs launched his deadly suicide attack on Saturday, June 16, 1984, using a car-bomb. Likewise, on Monday, May 19, 1997, Hisham Fahs used a fishing boat laden with 500 kilograms of high explosives to bomb an Israeli navy cruiser.
Jibchit also includes "the shrines of more than 80 martyrs of the Islamic Resistance (i.e. Hezbollah), making it the town with the highest level or martyrs in Jabal Amel and all of Lebanon!"
Not surprisingly, Abdallah Harb is intensely proud of Jibchit and its "Sheikh of the Martyrs," "Sheikh of the Prisoners and Detainees," "Bridegroom of the South," "Prince of the Sea," and all of his town's martyrdom bombers and "holy warriors."
BONUS: Sayyed Abbas al-Musawi, the second Secretary-General of Hezbollah and a clerical authority on the special merits of suicide bombing, was martyred on February 16, 1992, right after he had left Jibchit. Al-Musawi was killed when Israeli Apache helicopters attacked his motorcade. He was in Jibchit celebrating the 8th anniversary of the killing of Sheikh Ragheb Harb. Jibchit is always on the map!
Abdallah Harb the Umayyad Royalty!
- "Snatch it up like a ball is snatched [seize power], o Banu Umayya, it is yours to take! There is not Heaven or Hell!" --Abi Sufyan ibn Harb
Abdallah Harb may be royalty in another sense too: He very proudly claims to be a descendant of Muawiyah ibn Abi Sufyan
(Arabic: معاوية بن أبي سفيان; Muawiyah son of Abi Sufyan; 602–680), the first Caliph of the Arab Umayyad Dynasty. This may be very well true as the father of Abi Sufyan (born Sakhr ibn Harb; Arabic: صخر بن حرب) is Harb (Arabic: حرب; Arabic for war), hence Abdallah's surname! This is not to be taken lightly, for at its greatest extent, the Umayyad Caliphate covered more than five million square miles, making it one of the largest empires the world had yet seen, and the fifth largest contiguous empire to ever exist.
Abdallah Harb the descendant of a slave
- "Cause Blue Eyes, You are all that I need ... Cause Blue Eyes, You are destiny's scene" --Carry Brothers
Ironically, the Harbs are also descendants of one fortunate White slave named Ummaya (Arabic: أميّة), hence the dynasty is named Umayyad! Umayya is the father of Harb, grand father of Abi Sufyan, and great grand father of the Caliph Muawiyah. Umayya was a good-looking blue-eyed slave who was brought to Mecca in Arabia where he caught the attention of Abd Shams ibn Abd Manaf (Arabic: عبد شمس بن عبد مناف), a prominent member of the Quraish tribe. Abd Shams was intrigued by Umayya's blue eyes and quickly purchased him. The slave's new master was impressed enough with him to eventually adopt him as his very own son. The Umayyad Caliphs were famous for their European features and blues eyes -- genes that they got from their forefather, the world's luckiest slave ever, Umayya!
Other distinguished relatives of the Harbs
- "Everyone likes flattery; and when you come to Royalty you should lay it on with a trowel." --Benjamin Disraeli
Also notable among the relatives of the Harbs are Hind bint Utbah (Arabic: هند بنت عتبة), the Caliph Yazid ibn Muawiyah (Arabic: يزيد بن معاوية; a.k.a. Yazid I), and the prophesied as-Sufyani (Arabic: السفياني).
Hind bint Utbah
Hind is the wife of Abi Sufyan ibn Harb, mother of Caliph Muawiyah, and grandmother of Caliph Yazid. Hence, the Harbs can claim the privilege of having spent time in her royal womb before their incarnation. Hind is renowned for her love of men and numerous marriages and extramarital affairs. Like many men and women in pre-Islam Arabia, she also practiced infanticide, killing her unwanted newborn infants.
Hind is also famously known as a warrior woman who cheered the heathen of Mecca into battle and mutilated the bodies of the fallen Muslims. Due to her atrocities, Prophet Muhammad, PBUH&HF, ordered the Muslims to execute her upon catching her. However, after the final defeat of the pagans of Mecca, Hind accepted Islam and Prophet Muhammad, PBUH&HF, forgave her and annulled her death sentence.
Yazid ibn Muawiyah
Caliph Yazid is the son and successor of Muawiyah on the Umayyad throne in Damascus, Syria. He is most famous for ordering the murder of the Imam al-Husayn ibn Ali, PBUT, along with his companions and most of his family members, for refusing to pledge allegiance to the Umayyad rule. It is believed by many that this particular carnage by the Umayyads, along with the war declared by Muawiyah on Ali ibn Abi Taleb, PBUH, caused the unhealed rift in Isalm, splitting the Muslims into Shiites and Sunnis!
As-Sufyani is the epithet of a fearsome despot who is expected by many Muslims, including all Twelver Shiites and the adherents of several Sunni sects, to appear during the End-time, just prior to the appearance of al-Imam al-Mahdi, PBUH&HF. According to Prophet Muhammad, PBUH&HF, as-Sufyani shall spread havoc and butcher countless Shiites, placing prices on their heads. He shall also be slaughtered by the long awaited Imam Mahdi, PBUH&HF. As-Sufyani is a descendant of Abi Sufyan ibn Harb, hence the former's epithet.
Abdallah Harb and Rafic M. Labboun
- Birds of a feather flock together
Abdallah Harb is an associate and a subordinate of the convicted felon Rafic M. Labboun. The latter is the highest ranking Hezbollah operative in Northern California. Rafic M. Labboun was a longterm neighbor of Hassan Nasrallah, the current chief of Hezbollah. Being in the direct company of Nasrallah allowed Labboun to learn directly from the top dogs of the terrorist organization and rise in its ranks.
Both Rafic M. Labboun and Abdallah Harb are members of the security apparatus of Hezbollah.
Abdallah Harb and Shia Association of Bay Area
- "You can take a Jew out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the Jew." --Muhammad al-Asi
Abdallah Harb served two consecutive terms on the Board of Directors of Shia Association of Bay Area. He held responsibilities in several key arenas, including communications, al-Sadiq Education Program, SABA Sunday School, and SABA Youth Programs.
References and notes
- "Ilahi, Ilahi, ihfaz lana Khomeini, hatta zohour el Mahdi!" is Arabic for "O my God, o my God, preserve for us Khomeini, until the appearance of Mahdi!" This was one of the slogans of the terrorist organization Hezbollah during the 1980's. This motto was regularly chanted during the Friday Khutba (Arabic for speech) by the militant congregation of al-Imam al-Ridha Mosque in the Bir al-Abd neighborhood of Dahieh, Lebanon. The imam of the famed mosque was none other than Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah, a co-founder and then Godfather of Hezbollah.
- Abdallah Harb is also known as Abdallah Ahmad Harb; a.k.a. Abdullah Harb; a.k.a. al-Hajj Abdallah.
- Hezbollah (Arabic: "حزب الله"; a.k.a. Hizbullah; a.k.a. Hizballah) is an international terrorist organization based in Lebanon. Hezbollah has operatives stationed throughout the world, including the United States and Europe. For more information, please see: What is Hezbollah?
- The Commonwealth Club of California is a non-profit, non-partisan, educational organization based in Northern California. Founded in 1903, it is one of the oldest and largest public affairs forums in the United States.
- Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah is formally classified by the U.S. Department of State as a terrorist for his involvement with the terror activities of Hezbollah.
- In a tiny Old World country like Lebanon, citizens are always identified by their ancestral towns, which are listed on their identification cards and where, most likely, they are eventually buried. Most Lebanese families maintain homes in their ancestral towns even after they migrate to the major Lebanese coastal cities or move to distant foreign countries. Such properties are used as weekend, vacation, or retirement houses.
- Arabic: ".الموقف سلاح والمصافحة إعتراف" --الشيخ راغب حرب
- Jabal Amel (Arabic: جبل عامل; Arabic for Mount Amel) is traditionally the geographical area that corresponds to most of south Lebanon and parts of northern Galilee.
- There are several versions of what Abu Sufyan proclaimed to the Umayyads but they all have the same meaning. Here is one Arabic version of what he had famously said: "!تلاقفوها يا بنى أمية تلاقف الكرة، فوالذي نفس ابى سفيان بيده، لاجنة ولا نار"
- Ibn is Arabic for "son" and "son of" (Arabic: إبن). Where "ibn" is used between two names, it is then in the context of "son of."
- Sahkr is Arabic for rock (Arabic: صخر).
- The source of the Umayyad Caliphate map is Wikipedia.
- There are numerous contemporary and extinct Shia sects. The extant branches of Shiite-Islam include Zaidiyya, Ismaili, and Twelver. The last one is the largest and most renowned of all Shia denominations. It is so called Twelver because its adherents, as opposed to other Shiite sects, believe that God created and incarnated 12 Imams (holy leaders). Likewise, the Zaidiyya are labeled as Fiver and an extinct Ismaili sub-sect is known as Sevener.
- SABA Management
Article publishing history
This first version of this article was released here on 12 November 2010.
- Abdul Alim Musa
- Alipur: A Mini Iran in Karnataka
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei
- Mohamad Ali El Husseini
- Nabi R. Mir (a.k.a. Nabi Raza Abidi)
- Rafic M. Labboun
- Shia Association of Bay Area (Saba Center)
- Abdallah Harb @ Facebook
- Abdallah Harb @ Jigsaw
- Abdallah Harb @ LinkedIn
- Abdallah Harb @ Reunion.com
- Biography of Ragheb Harb by Hezbollah
- The Shia Association of Bay Area Monitor
Email us @ email@example.com